Monday, November 22, 2004

GMail bugs

Something caught my attention while using GMail today. A friend of mine had emailed me about his plans to come to Bangalore. I had replied almost instantly. GMail has this great feature of automatically grouping an email and its replies as a sort of conversation to keep things in context. Well, what caught my eye was the following-



Apparently my friend had emailed me at about 11:59 am. My reply to that mail would have been atleast 2 minutes later. But thats not what GMail tells me. If you look at the image above, you will see that I had replied to his email even before I got it! Wow! GMail must have thought that I have sort of extra sensory perception.

You would probably argue that its because both our system times dont match! That his email was sent to me with a time stamp of his system. Correct. But I simply could not have sent a reply 7 minutes ago to an email which I got only 5 minutes back!!! You see the point?

Is GMail becoming creepy?


1 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well done my dear friend,Im proud of you for more reasons than one.Surprising for a guy who used to go off into a deep slumber as soon as he got into the ambassador after college.You seem to have come a long way from there but I must say your reach is still very incredible;trying to plot a BIG BROTHER type conspiracy theory.Will discuss about more of such arbit stuff when I meet you

-the protagonist(Saraansh)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home