Friday, December 24, 2004

"If we are all special then none of us is"

Movie : The Incredibles

I watched The Incredibles last night. In one word (and I know its cliche), it was simply, incredible. Heck, its fantastic! The best Pixar film to date, and possibly the best animated film in the past few years. It's one of those movies that is of such a high quality all around, I could probably watch it over and over.

At times, I must admit, I forgot I was watching an animated film. With the brilliant graphics, stupendous animation, great plot, believable (yes!) characters, and a captivating story, it was easy to forget that the entire movie is a digital world. The ultra-quick Dash provided the best laugh of the movie for me.

The Incredibles outdoes most big-budget live-action Hollywood action movies in the effects and action department, and what amazed me the most was the sheer quality of the sound effects that went into the film. Because of the action, the movie is geared to an older crowd than Pixar's typical audience, and the jokes are all that much funnier when you're old enough to get them.

Already a huge fan of original animated features and Pixar in general, this movie was a must see. I love the way Pixar makes movies from beginning to end, and they never cease to be creative at every step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home