Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Flying in a Blue Dream

Note : Some of the posts have been re-formatted to reflect the dates that correspond to actual events.





Last evening was sort of special. After having heard Joe Satriani for over 5 years now, it was exciting to watch him in the flesh, performing right in front of you! A few of us got together and watched him play continuosly for over 3 hours, belting out all the numbers that I've heard over a zillion times. There were moments during his performance when I felt goosebumps, bringing back memories from my college days, where we would listen to the likes of Satriani, Vai, Sting etc. during our trips to college and back. My close pal RK, a budding musician and an excellent guitarist, was the first to introduce Sat to the rest of us.

The show started off with the highly energetic "Raspberry Jam Delta V" and went on to include "Flying in a Blue Dream", "Moroccon Sunset", "Psycho Monkey", etc. "Love Thing" saw the crowd cheering to the max, which goes to prove that slower melodic numbers reach wider audience.

The crowd wasn't much; I'd estimate about 1300-1500 max. But, given the poor show put up by the organizers and lack of quality adverts, it was sort of expected.

Snaps and video of the concert will be posted in the coming week. So, you know what...

2 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Ram Subramanian said...

I was wondering why u were taking so long for this post, i heard u were gonna go for the show. But from the reviews on Satriani.com i was made to believe the crowd was a lot more ... glad u enjoyed it..

have fun and keep the posts coming

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u, abaan, rk n me used to listen to the satch tapes in abaans car ..I guess thats when we first heard sat -'crystal planet'. thats my fav tape till date :-) reminds me of the good ol days more than anything else..post the pics when u get time.
-aejaz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home