Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Get your Backpack now.



Like many others, I recieved an email this morning inviting me to try Backpack. 37signals, makers of the uber popular project management 'webility' (web based utility) - Basecamp, has just launched another niche product.

Backpack is a personal organizer, where in you put your to-do list and other related everyday information. You can set reminders (email, SMS) on tasks that you've scheduled and even share your lists with others. Another interesting thing I noticed, is the clean use of XMLHttpRequest. Its an extremely useful tool for people who spend most of their time online.

I've signed up and have been using it for a little while, and for the first time, I'm seriously considering going in for paid service. I'm sure to find a lot more things to do with it over time.

Go on, try Backpack and see for yourself.

6 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger shub said...

hey dude! nope taht wasn't me who left a comment on you five point someone post...this is my first time at your blog:)

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adel, 've fixed the link.
I am still kicked about the "Click Wheel" interactivity on you new Apple IPod.
Cheers!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Adel Anwar said...

Shub : Oops, sorry shub. I thought it was you. Anyways, thanks for stopping by!

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Adel Anwar said...

Muthu : Me too!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Ram Subramanian said...

Hey adel I think the backpack API is out as well for personal use, if u can go through it and let us know how that works out it would be cool.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Adel Anwar said...

Hey Rama

Yeah, I got the mail from Jason announcing the launch of the API. Haven't had the time to look at it in detail. Should check it out sometime soon. Thanks anyway! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home