Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Rising

Okay, so its been a rather long sabbatical. I tried to keep away from blogging which has been more of an addiction and do everyday things like normal people. Trust me, it did feel nice that way and I really didnt miss being glued to the screen. I did, however, set up my phone to receive RSS feeds and was constantly updated with things happening elsewhere. I got to spend a lot of time analysing what I was doing, where I was heading and what I wanted to do with my life. Heck, if Aamir Khan can keep away from films for four years, then so can I (even if its for a mere month and a half).



Which brings me to the topic of this post - The Rising. I have one ticket for tomorrow's show of "The Rising - Ballad of Mangal Pandey" which I intend to sell. This is a movie everyone (myself included) have been eagerly waiting for and its now time to watch Aamir back on screen after his immensely successful 'Lagaan' and uber popular 'Dil Chahta Hain'.

So here's the deal. The show is at 10pm at PVR cinemas - The Forum. I've made sure that the seating is strategically located in the middle of the hall. The ticket price is Rs.300. Yes, thats 100% more than the MRP. Have I lost my mind? Maybe. But considering it is one of the most eagerly awaited films of the year and the fact that all shows till next Wednesday are at full house, I'm sure that there are lots of equally crazy fans who'd like to see the film on the very first day. Add to that, you will also get -
  1. Your photograph (along with the ticket) posted on this site.
  2. An opportunity to write your review of the movie and get it published on The RadioHead - lets others know what you felt about the movie!
  3. A free delicious soft twirl ice-cream from KFC! - you can't afford to miss this!
To avail this offer, leave a comment below. Remember, only one comment per person and anonymous comments will not be entertained. If there are lots of people, I'll draw a lucky one by randomly generating a number from the comment pool. Offer closes at 6pm IST on Friday 12th August 2005.

Update: Folks, we've got a winner! Details to be announced soon!
.