Friday, August 12, 2005

The Rising: winner!

Yesterday's experiment with The Rising took an unexpected turn! I got mixed responses from lots of people including a couple of hate mails saying that it was a shrewd money-making excercise from my part. I had to delete those comments, including other appreciative ones as I had made it very clear that I will not entertain anonymous comments as well as those that were out of topic.

And so for a good part of the day, I was kept busy moderating comments and responding to emails. It was late evening that I get a call from TCS saying that there were interested in purchasing the ticket as a prize for one of their internal competitions. I was flabbergasted and agreed.

So, ladies and gentleman, the winner - Mr. Nithin Nadagouda.


To put things in perspective, TCS Bangalore had run a small contest internally for their upcoming e-newsletter. The person coming up with the best name for the newsletter gets a free ticket to the first day's show of The Rising. And thats how they contacted me!

I've kept my promise. Although not a Gold Class ticket, Nithin did get gold class treatment.


Thank you TCS and congratulations Nithin! We look forward to hearing your review of the movie.
.

5 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New York firefighters release reams of September 11 documents
After a long legal battle led by The New York Times and families of victims of the September 11, 2001 attacks, the New York Fire Department released thousands of documents on the deadly attacks.
Lookin good, loved your blog site! Bookmarked it.

I have a Modern Ceiling Fan site/blog. It pretty much covers Modern Ceiling Fan related stuff.

Come see it when you get time.

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog Super tips
dating service

 
At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first experience into the Blog world, amazing blog. I like the simplicity and uniqueness about this blog. Keep up the Great work.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger coolhand222 said...

Nice site I too have a ceiling fans site at ceiling fans ciao

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous rahul pandey said...

nice job :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home